Inspection and the school library
The Shropshire School Library Service will be running a course on ‘Inspection and the School Library’
This course is for school librarians and others with responsibility for the school library. It will examine where libraries fit in the inspection process, identify inspection priorities, and explore practical ways to get the library and its impact noticed.
The course will provide participants with
- greater knowledge of the inspection process and what inspectors are looking for
- strategies for raising the profile of the library before and during inspection
- ideas for mapping library provision to key areas of inspection
- more confidence about appropriate evidence to prepare and ways to present it
- tips for highlighting key strengths and achievements
- ideas for self-assessment, monitoring and evaluation
- opportunities to share concerns and good practice
- knowledge of key documents and their contents and other sources of guidance
Participants will receive comprehensive information packs to complement the course.
The cost of this course is £95 for Subscribing Schools if booked before 18th of December (£110 if booked after this date) and £150 for Non-Subscribing Schools.
It will be held on Friday 5th of February 2016 (9.15am - 3.30pm) at STDC in Training Room 3 and places are first come first served. Places can be booked by e-mailing email@example.com or phoning the Schools Library Service on 01743 255030.